Monday, April 11, 2011

Are we there yet?

We just finished weekend #3 of our backyard project and I can now report we actually have updates worth reporting. No, we are not done, but we have started making some obvious progress. I wasn't sure I would see the day after the first two weekends, but with some a lot of help from my mom who contributed some sweat (and blood) for the sake of our backyard we now have a taste of what's to come.

Progress?

 





















The picture on the right is about 1/4 to 1/5 of the patio so we still have A LOT of work ahead of us. I am hoping that I actually want to come home after work and lay pavers.

It has taken a chain saw, a stump grinder and a lot of patience to get where we are today. The husband did tell me at one point during weekend #2 that this was my "worst idea yet." And I can't disagree with that. Next time I think we'll hire a professional.

More to come....

No comments: