Thursday, March 31, 2011

How It Began

When the husand and I were looking for our first house, we had VERY different ideas of what we were looking to buy. I wanted a bungalow in the Heights and he wanted something that required little to no work. Needless to say, I found LOTS of places I wanted to live and very few he would even agree to look at, let alone put an offer on.
One of the reasons I think we had such a hard time selling each other on what we wanted was because there is a large chasm between our design preferences. Let me show you...

Me:


Husband:

I might be exaggerating a little but he was very adament that he did not want to live in a construction zone. I finally came to terms with this notion and we found a great house that fit both our needs. He got a more updated place with a pool and I got a place that I could update as we go along.

To be honest, I'm actually pretty relieved that he convinced me that a bungalow in the Heights would be more than we were capable of handling. That being said, the house we bought doesn't have the potential for profit like the Heights does either... Either way I'm happy where we are, especially with summer quickly approaching. And with the current projects planned for our backyard I think this summer will be better than last year! More to come on those projects later....

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

Just came across your blog looking at designer blogs for a new template for mine. My hubs and I bought our house in April 4 years ago and are also working to re-model it. I can't wait to follow along and see some of the projects you guys are working on!!