Monday, July 11, 2011

I LOVE (some) Junk Emails!

Very rarely do I appreciate being bombarded with unsolicited emails but today I am grateful! Somehow I ended up on an email list for houseplans.com and I don't mind a bit because they provided me with a glimpse of my DREAM HOUSE! I see houses everyday that I think are beautiful and love to look at, but seldom do I see houses that I love and wish one day to live in. Today I found one house I would be privileged to call home... Take a look!

Yes, I know I'm from Texas, but I can't help loving this East coast (unbelievably charming) home. There is just something so comfortable, yet refined, about the shingle style that immediately makes me feel like I could live here.  


And look how pretty it is at night! LOVE!


The front entry isn't too stuffy and the dining room with the tray ceiling and the built-ins has an antique charm about it.

I am loving the banquette in the eat-in kitchen. It seems so functional and inviting. I think this kitchen is perfectly set up for entertaining. I can see my girlfriends and I in the kitchen making food and talking while the guys are in the great room watching football or something.


Here is another view of the kitchen. The glass front cabinets separating the kitchen from the great room are beautiful! I love the crosses across the glass. The same pattern is repeated in the transom windows around the house.





The master suite is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G (minus the leopard print)! First it's huge, second it has a fireplace, and third it has the amazing sitting area right when you walk into the room. 




















I'm pretty sure I could spend countless hours in a room like this reading... or just doing nothing.


Nothing too special about the Master Bedroom, but it's Big with enough room for a sitting area.
The Master Bath is a great size with a full vanity and a screened in porch to take your morning coffee on. Yes, please!



The downstairs floor plan:

 The upstairs floor plan:


So if the husband and I win the lottery in the near future you know what we'll be doing with the winnings. And for the time being this Dream House will remain a dream. In the meantime, I will do what I can to transform our current house into something that almost, kinda, could possibly resemble this amazing home! Wish me luck :)  
  

No comments: